CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 30, 2012

My Second Canvas Creation!

HI Scrap Friends,    
     I visited Cozumel, Mexico on a cruise with my family the week before Christmas and had a BLAST!  That being said, I created an altered canvas of one of my favorite parts of the cruise- THE Beach.  I started with a 12 x 12 canvas from Quick Quotes. First, I painted the canvas with a blend of turquoise, light blue, and white acrylic paint from Anita's Acrylic Craft Paint.  After getting the color palette I liked, I let it dry. After the canvas dried I inked the edges with Quick Quotes Blue Hawaiian chalk ink and let it dry.
     Next, I fussy cut clouds, the sun and waves from Bo Bunny papers "Barefoot & Bliss" and "Sun Kissed Skies."  I used the waves on the bottom of the layout and then a small torn strip of  "Corkboard" paper from It Takes Two to use for sand on the beach.  The clouds were pop dotted for dimension and outlined with Ice Stickles.  One cloud was placed below the seagulls on the left.  After mounting the sun, I outlined it with Stickles and accented the sun with some Bling from Prima.  My photos were mounted on Bazzill Cardstock and then put on the layout.  The center photo was mounted on pop dots and everything else was glued down with Beacon's 3-in-1 glue. 
    for the title I used glitter stickers from Doodle Bug Designs and some stickers from my stash to spell Cozumel.  I  love this project because it was our first family cruise and and everyone had such a great time.
Let me know what you think!
Ginny

0 comments:

Post a Comment